Renewing Library Materials
In addition to renewing your library materials in person at the Ephrata Public Library, you may renew your materials by telephone or online.
Call the Ephrata Public Library
When the Ephrata Public Library is open, you can call us to renew library materials. The library’s phone number is 717-738-9291.
Library System of Lancaster County 24-Hour Telephone Renewal Service
If the Ephrata Public Library is closed, you are still able to renew library materials by using the 24 hour telephone renewal service. To renew materials or get more details on your library account, dial 717-394-1721, then press the following keys:
- Press 1 to renew materials
- Enter your 14-digit barcode number for individual items. For all materials on your record, Press #. If the item is overdue, appropriate fines will be attached to your record.
NOTE: Not all items can be renewed with the Telephone Renewal System. Some reasons an item may not be renewed are: another borrower has requested the item; that type of material is not eligible for renewal; you already renewed the item once; or, because of overdue fines on your record.
- Press 2 for checked out items
- Press 3 for holds ready for pickup
- Press 4 for fines you owe
- Press * to return to the main menu
- If you are unable to renew your items, please call the Ephrata Public Library at 717-738-9291.
You are able to renew materials online by logging onto the My Account section of the library catalog. In addition to renewing items, you can also view what items you currently have checked out, request items, and pay your fines.
To Login to My Account:
- Go to the Ephrata Public Library website: http://www.ephratapubliclibrary.org
- Go to the Catalog link
- Click on the My Account – Renew Online! link
- Login by typing:
- Your last name
- Your library card barcode number
- Your PIN (if you do not have a PIN, leave the field bank. You will be prompted to create one.)
If you have already created a PIN but cannot remember it (and have an email address in your patron record), click the Forget Your PIN? button. If you do not have an email address in your patron record, call the Ephrata Public Library for assistance.
- Scroll down and click Submit
To Renew Items on My Account:
- After logging in to "My Account" click on the "# Items currently checked out" button in your Circulation Information section
- Scroll down to see a list of the items you have checked out. The list includes the title, barcode, due date, and call number.
- You can renew by either clicking the Renew All button, which will renew all of the items on the list at one time, or by individually selecting titles and clicking the Renew Selected button.
- If the item was renewed successfully, the word RENEWED will appear in the STATUS column along with a new due date for your items
NOTE: Not all items can be renewed with the online renewal system. Some reasons an item may not be renewed are:
- You have outstanding fines that total more than $5.99
- Your library card registration has expired
- Another borrower has requested the item
- You already renewed the item once
For a more detailed explanation of how to use My Account, please visit the help section of our catalog, or visit the Ephrata Public Library.